Everyone suffers from boredom from time to time. It’s only natural for dogs to feel it too. Too often they can be left alone for long hours and get themselves into trouble when they’re bored. So I got together with Spartacus and put together a list of great DIY dog toys you can make to bust the boredom, for both you and your pup.
Please don’t let your dog go unsupervised with these or any other toys. Remember, safety first.
We scoured the web to find all kinds of fun and interesting projects. They range from really simple things you can make in under a minute to some pretty awesome projects that will test your crafts skills. Check out the awesome toy boxes at the end of the post.
1. DIY Bottle Spinner Puzzle Game for Dogs
This looks like so much fun, kind of like a slot machine for dogs. Give it a spin and see what you win.
2. DIY Dog Toy – Catapult Fetch Toy
I bet this thing can send a ball really far and best of all the dog can reload.
3. DIY Ball Toy for Blind Dogs
Because every dog deserves a toy.
4. DIY Dog Toy – Homemade Slingshot Ball
This looks like it will be incredibly fun to play with. That ball really flies. Just make sure your retriever brings it back.
5. Super Simple DIY Frozen Socks Dog Toy
Takes a little longer than the towel toy, but just as easy.
6. DIY Dog Toy Fishing Pole
Change the bait and you have a new game anytime you want.
7. Hopefully Indestructible DIY Dog Toy
Somehow I don’t think its indestructible.
8. Kinda Indestructible DIY Dog Toy
Made for destruction is more like it if you ask me.
9. DIY Ball Tug Dog Toy
A puppy dog favorite.
10. DIY Interactive Dog Feeder Toy
Good way to get your dog’s brain working.
11. DIY Hide and Seek
Great start to canine nosework. Your dog will able to find anything if you train it right.
12. DIY Plastic Bottle Dog Toy
Simple but effective.
13. DIY Dog Toy – Boredom Buster
Another really fun puzzle that’s simple to make.
14. Homemade Throwing tug toy for your dog
Spartacus loves to play fetch.
15. Homemade Squeaky Dog Toy
Just be careful when it breaks. You don’t want your dog eating a squeaker.
16. Find the Treat Puzzle Game
This one is so simple and great fun.
17. T-Shirt Ball and Tug Dog Toy
No old tee shirt should go to waste.
18. DIY Dog Toy – Red Rope Spider Toss
A little more complicated, but good for a chaser and chewer.
19. Y Shapped Dog Tug and Toss Toy for heavy chewers
A little extra strength for the heavy duty chewers out there.
20. DIY Dog Toy from old T-shirts
More ways to use those old tee shirts.
21. DIY Dog Toy: Prey Stick
Good way to teach chasing skills on the way to retrieving.
22. Homemade Heavy Duty Chew Toys for Dogs
Another heavy duty chew toy.
23. DIY Dog Toy – The Purple Wubba
Because the world needs more purple wubbas.
24. DIY Dog Toy – Tennis Ball Buddy
This one is pretty crafty if you ask me.
25. Fleece Dog Pull Toy
Pretty and simple too.
26. Homemade Ring Dog Toy
Awesome fun for the retriever in your dog.
27. DIY Dog Toy – Water Bottle Sock Puppet
Sock puppets are back.
28. DIY Dog Toy – Wolf Stick
This will help build the prey instinct.
29. Poochie Person Play Toy for Dogs
Give your dog someone else to chew on.
30. Homemade DIY Fleece Dog Toy
Watch how easy this is to make.
31. DIY Dog Toy – Woven Rope Bone
Heavy duty knots.
32. Homemade DIY Dog Toy From Old Denim Jeans
Glad I found this one. I was about to through out a bunch of hold jeans. Now I can put them to some good use. Hope they turn out to be indestructible.
33. DIY Knotted Tee Shirt Strips Dog Toy
The pug looks kind of worried with those big eyes.
34. Homemade DIY Dog Toy- Tennis Ball and Tee Shirt Toss and Tug Toy
This one has fun written all over it.
35. DIY Tennis Ball Dog Treat Toy
36. The Old Towel Knotted Dog Toy Trick for DIYers
idea via retrobellish.com, picture via me
This one is so simple, takes about 1 minute to make. Just roll up and old towel, tie a knot in it and you have a great toss and tug toy.
37. DIY Puppie Balance Board Toy
Teach your pup some rear-end awareness with this balance board.
38. DIY Agility Jump Dog Toy
Because every dog should know how to jump on command.
39. DIY Rope Ball Surprise Dog Toy
Spartacus would love one of these.
40. DIY Mitten for Muddy Dog Paws
Technically, its not a toy, but it looks cool anyway.
Or you could just get a paw plunger from Spartadog.com
41. Homemade Olympic Ring Dog Toy
Perfect for your aspiring athlete.
42. DIY Agility Course A-Frame
See it in action:
43. DIY Dog Agility Tire Jump
44. DIY Toy Box for your Dog’s Toys
Because your dog’s toys need a home too.